Sunday, December 14, 2014

Stepmother Poem

There are poems about Mothers and poems about Dads.
Some poems make you laugh and some poems make you sad.
There are poems about birthdays and poems just for lovers,
But there are very few poems that are about a Stepmother.

She is portrayed as evil, a devil, a shrew,
With agendas aplenty and morals quite few.
There are many more names and none of them stellar,
If you want a long list of them, ask Cinderella.

She's a gold digger, a home-wrecker, really quite harried,
But that doesn't describe who my father married.
He married a woman as warm as the sun,
Who has opened her heart to most everyone.

She is generous and kind and sweeter than sweet.
With a smile and a kind word to all that she meets.
When first I met her, I was a teen, oh so smart,
With the world at my feet and tongue sharp as a dart.

She saw through my facade and made me her friend,
And I knew then she'd be there through thick and through thin.
Stepmother's a harsh word and the French have another,
Its Belle Mere and translated means Beautiful Mother.

So I say to you, my Belle Mere, my beautiful mom,
Please know that I love you, you're my very best chum.
We've all been so lucky to have you in our life,
My Dad got it right when he made you his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment